So, my friend Paul (sclerotic_rings
) came over this morning to watch and learn about making soap. I figured that since I had extra hands, I'd get ambitious and make 3 batches.
For all, I used by standard recipe of :
25% coconut, 19% Palm, 19% castor, 28% Olive, 9% palm kernel
The three kinds we made were: Gardener's Delight, Fire and Ice, and Field of Dreams
Gardener's Delight includes fine grain Mt. St. Helen's volcanic pumice and is scented with:
Clary Sage EO
Cut Grass FO
Colored with Chromium green, and a small amount of Green beeswax pearls.
Fire and Ice is scented with Peppermint, Spearmint and Cinnamon Leaf essential oils...and is theoretically swirled with brick red oxide...but the batch went to heavy trace much faster than expected and started to seize...so the swirl didn't work at all. I'd forgotten that I'd originally designed the recipe for a hot process, and so had a 15% water discount...oopsies. So, it won't be a swirled soap, but I think it'll still be a pretty soap...only time will tell. I always run into problems with cinnamon batches, I wonder why that is.
Field of Dreams, I decided to change up a little this time. Well, color wise. I have a lot of green soaps, so I went with blue on the FOD. (Sort of a Delphinium blue.) I think it's going to be gorgeous. It's scented with the following Essential Oils:
Sweet 10 fold orange
All are poured, and under wraps. Hopefully I can unmold them tomorrow and get pictures. :)